Skip to main content

The Non-Dilli Wala

The idea to start sharing my experiences came to my mind a few months after I moved to Gurgaon - sometime back in October 2017. I was in Gurgaon way back in 2004 and when I moved out of the city in 2006, I had made a promise to myself - never to come back here for another job, no matter how lucrative it would be. But then you can't change what destiny has in store for you and here I was back in the city one hot summer day in May 2017. The first 6 months went by, settling in the new city,  getting comfortable with my new job, looking for a school for Kashvi, finding a gym in the neighborhood and getting back to the life I was used to. Thanks to Gurgaon, its infrastructure and my flexible work schedule, I had some time to think what I wanted out of life. From there on it was a trial and error process engaging with multiple people and activities and at the end narrowed down on - a) heritage walks, b) cycling and c) yoga and fitness. These 3 (along with my family) have become an i

Delhi NCR Cycling Trails - Cycling to India Gate

We meet early in the morning at Galleria Market, DLF Phase 4, Gurgaon to begin our long 28km ride to India Gate.

We stick to the usual route from Galleria to Mehrauli Gurgaon road via Sunset Boulevard and Aravali Bio Diversity park, crossing Ghitorni and stopping over at Aurobindo Marg after crossing Qutub Minar for our first hydration break. This was our first ride destination by the way if you click on the link.

We continue on the same road which takes us via Sarvodaya Enclave Market -> Hauz Khas -> Green Park. Our next stop being Bada Gurudwara (Green Park).

A short break here and we continue further on Sri Aurobindo Marg crossing AIIMS -> INA Market (Dilli Haat) -> Safdarjung Tomb.  We were in two minds to stop over at Safdarjung's Tomb for a while but then decided against it in the interest of time.

We continue the ride, which has been linear all the while for almost 20km without a single turn, so not much work for Google Maps here. Just after Safdarjung Tomb we take Prithviraj Road (slight right) for another 2km. At this point, you could continue on Shahjahan Road which take you straight to India Gate. However for some reason Google Maps at this point directed us to Akbar Road which took us right to Rajpath Marg.

This is a majestic stretch, with Rashtrapati Bhawan on one side, India Gate on the other side, and Rajpath running all the way―this is a sight that fills you with pride. Morning at Rajpath is full of cyclists, runners, children playing all types of sports.

Our take away once we reached India Gate - a lot of active people with happy smiling faces and a lot of positive energy early in the morning.

Read more About Us

Comments